Mushroom, the conspicuous umbrella-shaped fruiting body of a fungi is a low-carb, practically no-fat food with some protein. It contains great amount of potassium which is vital for our health and recovery.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: Do we remove the grill when cooking portobello mushroom? ( You can find the answer at the end )
Mushroom burger is a full delicious vegetarians buger that is totally satisfying. Let’s get quickly to it prepation.
— Cucumber Ribbons — Crunchy Asian Carrot Slaw — Asian Guacamole ( the sauce ) — Marinated Portobello mushrooms — 2 Whole buns, grilled
1. Cucumber ribbon salade Cut the cucumber into thin ribbons using a veggie peeler or cut them into thin disks. Then, season with the dressing!
2. The portobellos Blend the unami flavored miso paste with sesame oil and sriracha. This is to make the flavorful marinade.
3.Asian Guacamole ( the sauce ) Mash up a large avocado with fresh ginger, sesame oil and a splash of rice vinegar.
4. Carrot slaw You can grate a carrote or but a match stick carrots. Place the carrot in a small bowl and toss with dressing ingredients.
5. Grill the portobello mushrooms for 4-5 minutes over medium heat. Then mound with cucumber ribbon and salade. You can pickled ginger ( optional ). Collect the juice from the mushroom cap before flipping and use that to baste the top.
6. Toast the buns to keep them from getting spongy
7. Assemble the portobello burger Spread the toasted buns with avocado. Pill everything on top of the grilled portobello, spread the bun top with more avocado spread. Optional pickled ginger or a little squeeze of sriracha. You can eat it open-faced or top the burger.
How many calories does it contains?
–Toast the buns helps to keep them from getting sloggy. –For low-carb serve the portobello burgers open-faced.
ANSWER OF THE DAY: The stems of the large portabella can be woody and fibrous and are often discarded. Likewise, the dark black grill can be eaten but it will turn the food scuzzy brown, so it’s best to scrape them out.