This midweek meal is healthy and delicious and takes only 20 minutes. Carbonara, one of italian favorite dish made from eggs, hard cheese, cured pork, and black pepper.
The one trick with carbonara is making sure you move fast and continue moving the pasta. Doing that will give you that creamy texture. Going slow will result in scramble eggs.
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs ( like whole-wheat)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 8 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large egg yolks and 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt and 1 (9 ounce) package fresh linguine
- 8 cups baby spinach and 1 cup peas
Put 10 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and garlic; cook and stir frequently until toasted ( about 2 minutes ). Transfer to a small bowl and stir in 2 tablespoon parmesan and parsley. Set aside.
Whisk the remaining 6 tsp parmesan, agg yolk, the large egg , pepper and salt in another bowl. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally for 1 minutes. Add spinach and peas and cook until the pasta is tender ( about 1 minutes or more ). Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water. Drain and place in a large bowl.
Slowly whisk the reserved cooking water into the egg mixture. Gradually add the mixture to the pasta, tossing with tongs to combine. Serve topped with the reseverd breadcrumb mixture.
Serving size: 1 cup
1 cup: 430 calories, 54.1g Fiber, 20.2g Protein, 2.5g Fats, 14.5g Saturated fat, 586.4g Sodium, 2g Sugar, 160mg Potassium
Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A, Vitamin c and Calcium.
You may also like!
- What happens to your body when you eat nread every day
- How To Build Muscle Mass After 60
- The Best Weight Exercises For Instant Abs
- Best Exercises For Bingo Arms That Will Firm Flabby Arms
- Best Exercises To Regain Muscle Mass, Trainer Reveals