Avocados are a delicious, nutritious fruit that is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
Smooth and creamy texture, avocado contains a lot of fiber and are rich in vitamins and minerals. Studies have shown that dietary fiber also promotes good gut health and microbial diversity. This helps the body maintain a healthy bacterial balance.
This delicious fruit contain mono-unsaturated fat, which is some of the healthiest fat, so no need to be afraid of the fat in avocados!
VITAMINS & MINERALS
Rich in vitamins A, E and K, which are all fat-soluble, avocados also have vitamins B, C, and trace minerals including magnesium and potassium (both known to help reduce blood pressure). And just to give you a measurable mental picture, one avocado has 2x the amount of potassium as one banana.
They contain little sugar. Half an avocado contains just 0.66g of sugar. The net digestible carbs are only 1.8g for each 100g of avocado.
OTHER: Half an avocado contains 6.7g of fiber, which is very high. This fiber helps to reduce the risk of many diseases like, obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Creamy and delicious, these fruits high in nutrients have numerous benefits.
- Adding avocado to meals makes people more satiated, and reduces the desire to eat for many hours. With the healthy fat and high fiber containts in avocados , you can lose weight easily.
- Reseasrch has shown that avocado consumption may reduce blood cholesterol and triglycerides significantly, as well as lower the potentially harmful low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol and increase the good high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol.
- Vitamin K in avocado helps to build healthy bones by increasing calcium absorption.
Types Of Avocados
`Many varities of avocado exists according to the size, texture, shape, and maturity rate. Hrere is a link if you are interested in buying avocados.
- Avocados are safe to eat but in some people, it can cause problems like allergy in many people.
- Yes it contains healthy fat, but if you don’t eat it healthy, you might gain weight.
- You’ll probably miss out on other nutrients. Due to the high fat and fiber content in avocado, you may not want to eat other foods.
How To Store It
A hard avocado will usually ripen within a few days. If they ripen before you are ready, you can put them in the fridge to slow down the ripening process. On the flip side, if you need them to ripen faster, you can pop them in a paper bag and leave them on the counter to speed things up.
If you need to store an avocado that has already been cut, cover the surface with some lemon or lime juice and place it in an airtight container in the fridge. You may still have a bit of oxidation but I have found this to be the best option for storing the unused portion of the avocado.
How To Eat Avocado
— Spread mashed avocado on tosat, sandwiches and burgers.
— Use as a substitute for mayo in tuna, chicken or egg salad._
— Blend avocado to make smoothies.
— Make crealy pasta sauces and salad dressing.
You may also like…